Friday, April 26, 2013

Tips : Catalog search returns "No results found"

Entri ini adalah susulan entri sebelum ni. Seperti yang pernah dikongsi pada entri lepas, the only reason that I know yang menyebabkan carian katalog tidak berfungsi ialah Zebra. Samada zebra stopped or reindexing is in the process.

Tapi hari ni dapat lagi ilmu baru.

Pagi ini lebih kurang pukul 800 pagi, (holiday) I purposely try make a search on OPAC. Dengan niat nak menyiasat apa masalah sebenarnya berikutan masalah carian yang dilaporkan oleh En.Azizi beberapa hari yang lepas.

Surprisingly, Opssss..... it is not functioning. No results found. Oh my GOD. Berderap darah. Ok, cool. If this happen because indexing is in the process, then I should wait a few minutes, try again and should be fine. I gave myself 15 minutes (more than enough). Then, another try.

NO RESULTS FOUND

Ok, relax-relax. Second hope, manually do the indexing. This would take around 10-15 minutes, after that case usually settled. However, the process take longer than 15 minutes. Now, I know there is something else. This is not the solution. I patiently wait till the end of the process. Almost 2 HOURS. Disaster. I'm in a great problem. What is even sadder, again.... catalog search returns : "No results found". 

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_239/1203429807ZMwX6g.jpg 

The face of chief librarian comes straight into my head. He just warn me yesterday not to do anything to the server on the coming Sunday because there will be a visit from MQA to check library system. Sir, I did nothing to the server since our conversation on this matter. Honestly. How scared I am at that time. Having no team-mate. All alone.

Nasib la harini Jumaat, perpustakaan tutup. Tapi esok pihak perpustakaan dah mula operasi dan lusa MQA datang. Meaning I have only today. Fuhh.... Jika dan hanya jika harini adalah hari bekerja, pasti bertalu-talu sms dan panggilan masuk. Thanks Ya Allah. 

I'm struggling to resolve this matter as soon as possible. Ok, to make long story short, here is the tips.

1. Restart apache
2. Restart mysql
3. Restart zebra

Ensure these three components can be restart successfully. If errors shown, fix that. In my case, the root problem is apache : "Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName". Click here to see how I solve that.

Alhamdulillah.... masalah selesai ! Dekat pukul 1 tengahari jugaklah baru dapat tarik nafas lega.

Proud to be myself. Bangga wooo boleh settle masalah sengsorang!!! Ok, sila lempang.. :P With Allah guidance *_^

 

0 comments: