Friday, April 26, 2013

Awas ! Zebra melintas di hadapan.


Entri ni just nak men'nota'kan kepeningan + kehairanan + ketaktaupasai-apaan je.  Of coz la pasal KOHA.

Yang pertama. Dua hari lepas... dalam pukul 430 pm camtu, I've received an email from En.Azizi. He reported that something wrong with Fast Add Cataloguing. Dah baca tu cuak tak usah cakap la.. I just wonder what happened, why and how to fix the situation.

I tried. Eh... ok je. Then, try again... Still..... nothing weird, no problem. Ponder. Did I miss understood the problem reported??? Read again. Nope... i'm right. Then reply the email, saying that everything were just fine while deep down in my heart hoping that it is their fault. Doing it not in the order it supposed to be. Because i'm very sure that is nothing wrong with the system. Hope! Then I leave.

The next day, early in the morning an SMS touch my inbox. From our librarian. I know it must be a serious problem if it were from this guy. Mengucap siap2. Then read the message.

"Atun, carian lansung xjalan dari kemarin"

Whaaaaaaat? Is it ? Quickly trying make a search on the web. Leave my cup of Nescafe aside. I've got the search result. Another search.... perfect! Next try... great!  Yesterday I was frequently tested the catalog search. I didn't face any problem.

Rasa macam mau hantok kepala ke meja. What is going on?

Stop. Think. Ponder. The only reason which makes catalogue search stop is indexing. We're using zebra indexing. It takes around 10 minutes per reindexing. If only searching made while system reindex, there you see search failure. That is the only reason that I know. Yea.. I'm sure. Message replied.

Few minutes later, a message from En.Azizi received.

"Ok, carian dah boleh dah."

I said to myself : zebra dah melintas sampai ke tepi la tu. Kemudian, balas mesej ambik kesempatan tanya berkenaan fast add cataloguing. He said still... tak jadi. Utk kes ni sama sekali takde kaitang dengan zebra. Sure!. Waktu ni terbayang pintu ajaib Doraemon. Niat je nak ke mana-mana then masuk ikut pintu ajaib tu. Kalaulah ada... nak niat balik mergong p bangunan library. Nak tengok sendiri apa yang tak jadinya. Tp.. itu semua KALAU......

I've decided. Ok lah... I'will make a manual screenshot for them just to ensure that they are doing in the right steps. Sedang elok mengarang... received another message.

"Atun, dah ok dah".

Grrrr~~~~~ Sabo-sabo.... Istighfar bebanyak... Ada ilmu Allah nak bagi tu...

OK, I shouldn't let my zebra crossing the road during working hour. Ia akan mengganggu pengguna jalan.
Previous setting in cron, reindex for every hour. Tukar, sehari sekali je... at 1.00AM. Tak kacau sapa dah kot waktu tu. kalau ikut KOHA punya recommendation lagi la... setiap 10 minit sekali. Tak jalan-jalan la jawab dia.

I need to tell them about this. Setuju atau tak, I leave it to them.

OR.... is it my mistakes which I don't know, I don't realize that it is a mistake.  Kalaulah betul.. moga cepat sedar diri! Wahai Allah yg maha tahu.. ajarkan aku ilmu sepatutnya supaya dapat mempermudahkan pihak library. Ameen.

0 comments: