Monday, April 29, 2013

Database Backup

http://www.mattpaulson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/backup.jpg
Ok, let me just jump to the point.  Currently, I was ordered to perform database backup for library system. Backup database will be kept at the organization's cloud server. To be honest, I have no experience carry out such task. All I know is database dump and execute, import export, just that. I'm excited accepting the task but at the same time, I am nervous to the limit. Fuh~~~

There are three components :
1. Full Backup
2. Incremental Backup
3. Replication Server

I'm not sure whether they give me a specific due date or not, but I'm very sure that they want it to be done soon, as fast as I could.

Till now, I have successfully do the first one, full backup. Copy whole database from server A and send it to backup server, server B. All this has to be put in cron, so that it will be done automatically. Along the process, I've learn about scp, ssh private/public key. That is something new for me which I'm glad to learn. I will try my best to share it here later.

Striving to pursue my journey to complete task 2 and 3.

P/s : | O | X
        Undilah saya calon anda!

0 comments: